Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First Post

In comparison to CSC165 I'm finding CSC236 a lot more straight-forward and easier to follow (mind you, this is only a month into the material). The tutorial assignments have been helpful and so have the quizzes and there haven't been as many surprise moments that I experienced in CSC165. Although the assignment was challenging it wasn't such a gigantic leap from the course readings and lectures, such that, with a little extra effort the problems were solvable.

I'm hoping with the blog to attempt to develop proofs for problems that I find, separate from the course reading and lectures, but closely related to the topic being covered during each week. I'm finding a lot of 'unsolvable proofs' mentioned in course material from my calculus and statistics classes and I think that with these inductive methods it might be fun to give them a shot. Because we have just been introduced to structural induction my next post will be a proof using structural induction. I will have to do some internet hunting-and-gathering for an adequately-challenging problem.

Tomorrow, is the mid-term test, and I'm a bit rusty with the well-ordering proof format, so that will be my main focus for test practice. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment