Monday, November 5, 2012

Abysmal Test Result

Although the test was, by and large, easy. I mean, you could solve these ones on your own, in your own time, with references etc. But doing this in a time limited situation was a bit off-putting.  The first question really relied on your knowing how to derive a summation into a simpler form. Unfortunately most of my study involved, say, the topic that were suggested, correctness, proving increasing decreasing, master's theorem, etc. The fact that probably about 50% of the mark for the first question rested upon your know how to simplify a summation in order to later prove closed form for T(n) seemed a bit unfair.

For the test my studying mostly involved understanding correctness proof which at first seemed complex but is quite easy to understand once you see how Complete Induction is used in the proof and that (precondition + termination) implies postcondition. I wish that had been featured on the midterm instead. I'm pretty sure I did not do very well on this one. Although I think I will be more prepared now for the final and will just have to be more aware of the possible questions to be encountered...

No comments:

Post a Comment